Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Quick Update... We're closing tomorrow!!!

Our final walk through is tomorrow.  Then we are closing at 1pm!  The movers are scheduled to be here at 8am on Friday morning, so that gives us Thursday night to move a few things over ourselves and get everything in order for the movers.  Packing has been hell!  My mom has has been the greatest help.  She comes over here and gets us moving!

I have been selling things like crazy on Craigslist.com (dining room table & chairs, computer desk, patio furniture, pool table, slide bed, treadmill, lamp, t.v. stand and more)!  We ordered stools for the island from Overstock.com and are trying to make our final decision on our kitchen cabinet hardware.  I stopped by the Richmond Homes model to compare the hardware that I found at Lowe's with the hardware in the model.  I wish I knew where I could buy that hardware from! 

I gave all of my dusty plants a bath!

Bath time!

We love Chick-Fil-A!

The last few trash days have looked like this!

The model home

Model home hardware

Model home

Model home hardware up close

The hardware that I found at Lowe's above the model home hardware

Richmond Homes

Richmond Homes

Richmond Homes

Lowe's hardware on left... model home hardware on right

Our cabinets with hardware from Lowe's.  I like it, but....

Our cabinets with the hardware from Lowe's

We either had to throw away the last ounce of lime vodka or finish it off,
so my mom finished it off!

Packing the basement

Donations

We ordered 4 of these stools from Overstock.com.
They have excellent reviews and come assembled. 
I hope they look good.  If not, they are going back!
Cosmopolitan Dark Brown Leather Counter Stools (Set of 2)

Pin It now!

14 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS MARIA! YOU DID IT, YOU DID IT, YOU DID IT, HOORAY!!

    Ok, clearly I watch too much Dora with my granddaughter! lol

    check out this website for the pulls--I tried shifting through to find them; however, there so many styles and the quantity is in abundance.
    www.pullsdirect.com also check out Rejuvenation (they have a limited line but they are classic and beautiful)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on closing! I love the bar stools!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Your house is beautiful!!! :) We have our final walk though today as well but we don't close until Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! I love the stools!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO excited for you Maria! It's been fun to watch your build through photos, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think we are taking a total of 9 boxes (2 for each of and 1 for the kitchen) LOL ur makin me look bad. but very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yayy!!! Congrats and good luck! I love all of your cabinet pull choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh the joys of moving! But ever so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love chick-fil-a too! Lol. Congrats and enjoy your new home. It looks.great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have found that cabinet stores have a nicer supply of hardware to pick from. My question is, are you installing yourself or having a professional install the hardware? I am afraid to put the holes in my future cabinets....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not checked a cabinet store yet, but I will when I get a chance. We are installing them ourselves. They sell hardware templates to make it easier.

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for the information you posted in your blog. I'm sure to be back here to look some updates again. Keep on sharing! http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Kb-Home

    ReplyDelete