Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Refrigerator To Be!


We finally settled on a refrigerator after looking at what seemed liked hundreds!  All of stainless steel refrigerators with black sides were ruled out immediately, because we have white cabinets and the side of our refrigerator will be exposed as you enter the kitchen.  After reading reviews, we narrowed down our choices to Samsung and LG. 

I knew that I wanted the french door style.  I have never liked the narrow freezers on side by side refrigerators and I prefer my refrigerated section to be at eye level.  I also wanted an ice and water dispenser on the front.  We did not go with the stainless steel french door refrigerator that Ryan Homes offered because it did not have an ice and water dispenser on the front.

The Samsung 28.0 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator with LCD Touch Screen and Apps was one of the original refrigerators that we looked at and had ruled out due to the 4th door.  I did not think it was necessary until I started reading reviews.  Someone posted a picture of their FlexZone™ Drawer used as a sandwich drawer.  They kept all of their lunch meats, sandwich condiments and even bread in this drawer.  Someone else used it as a "man drawer" and stored beer in there!  There is a customizable divider and the following four temperature settings to choose from: Meat/Fish, Cold Drinks, Deli/Snacks, and Wine/Party Dishes.

The floor model that Lowes had on display was missing the freezer drawer divider, so I did not think it came with one.  The freezer drawer divider is a must have to keep things organized in a drawer style freezer.  The freezer features a drawer divider, in-door pizza pocket and LED lighting. 


Here are a few of the really cool features:

Special Apps and Built-in WiFi-enabled 8" LCD Screen
Leave notes for your loved ones. Display photos from your Picasa library, mobile phone or SD card. Stay up to date with all your family activities with Google Calendar.  My family and I currently work off of shared Google calendars, so this is perferct!  Access hundreds of recipes from Epicurious. Plus, get the latest weather and news via Weather Bug and Associated Press.

Samsung - 28.0 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator
with LCD Touch Screen and Apps
Sale: $2,649.99
Regular Price: $3,499.99
You Save: $850.00
AND Best Buy let me use my 10% off coupon from Lowe's + FREE delivery!

Specs: Product Dimensions with Handles (W x H x D) 35 3/4" x 69 7/8" x 36 1/4"


Pin It now!

20 comments:

  1. OMG,I love it! I wished I would have waited to get mine, I went with what Ryan Homes offered (again via phone), and asked for stainless. Well when the fridge was installed I immediately noticed that black sides...not happy! More than likely it will make its way down to the basement or something for Steve's mancave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The refrigerator that RH placed in there for now is going to head to the basement when we move in! You can purchase stainless steel side panels for your refrigerator. They are expensive! Here is a link to one at Home Depot: http://www.homedepot.com/buy/appliances/refrigerators-freezers/ge-profile/stainless-steel-side-panel-accessory-25166.html#.UCiIi6P7SyU
      I think I would just invest that money in a new refrigerator.

      Delete
    2. Oh my! Yeah, a new fridge is in our future. We planned on buying one for the basement anyway, so that one will do. Don't be surprised if I steal your fridge idea!

      Delete
    3. Send me your e-mail address. My e-mail address is mariastrong (at) hotmail (dot) com

      Delete
    4. Great, thanks! You should get an email from me at my Gmail account.

      Delete
  2. We spent some time at Lowe's the other week looking at that refrigerator! The apps, Wi-Fi, etc. are all cool and were definitely very appealing. It's awesome that Best Buy honored the 10% off coupon from Lowe's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus free shipping! We'll get about $50 back in Best Buy rewards.

      Delete
  3. Awesome awesome fridge! Must have been a good day for buying fridges and super sales. We also bought one yesterday. (Went with a Kenmore, post coming momentarily.) The Samsung is super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read your post! My husband keeps saying that we should switch to a counter depth refrigerator.

      Delete
  4. Good choice, we are getting the same one when our home is finished. I am just hoping it is on sale around October 1st.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has great reviews. Actually, all of the Samsung refrigerators have really good reviews. Let me know if you need a Lowe's coupon. I am a realtor and can have one mailed or e-mailed to you through their realtor benefits program.

      Delete
  5. Love LG...had to leave mine with the sale of old house...going with what Ryan gives for now Would want to get this kind too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you upgrade your refrigerator with Ryan Homes? We opted for the standard black refrigerator. You cannot delete the refrigerator from the contract in our area like you can in others. I would have preferred the credit!

      Delete
  6. OoooOoOoh. Buy one for me, please! (I HEART the middle drawer) We're holding off on buying appliances until we lock in and hoping that occurs this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Let me know if you need a Lowe's coupon. I am a realtor and can have one mailed or e-mailed to you through their realtor benefits program.

      Delete
  7. Maria, this refrigerator is awesome! Not to mention that I am in love with the APPS feature!! A french door and apps makes me happy! Great choice! My only dilemma is choosing this refrigerator or the counter depth by LG. I really don't want the bulky fridge. However, the compromise is the space on the inside of the counter depth--it is much smaller! Most of the refrigerators are 36" in depth and the counter depth is 30" in depth. I plan to make a trip to see them both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband keeps telling me to reconsider and get a counter depth! They are more expensive, smaller and the reviews are not as good. I know that a counter depth would look better, but I'm sold on this one! If it looks too bad, I'll have them take it back and buy a counter depth.

      Delete