Friday, July 20, 2012

Uh Oh... Our Walkway is Off-Center

As you can see below, our walkway is off-center.  I was so excited about our kitchen that it took me until tonight to realize that the walkway is sitting about a foot too far over to the right.

I was there when the concrete guys were starting to frame the walkway last week, but I was entranced by the digging of the well.  My project manager was on vacation, so I was the project manager on duty!  LOL  I guess I failed! :-)

I sent a picture to my PM tonight.  I hope to hear from him on Monday.  After seeing how quickly the storm damage was repaired, this is the least of my worries.  My biggest worry right now is getting my current house packed up and ready to move by August 23rd.     





Pin It now!

15 comments:

  1. OH my! At least you know your PM will take care of it. I have heard RH has "given" an upgrade for mistakes made, like a concrete driveway instead of paved. Maybe you could get a brick stoop? I am guessing from picture that it's concrete.
    I can just imagine walking through the front door. Avalons are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A brick stoop would be nice! :-) I do love the Avalon. I am looking forward to seeing your Avalon get off the ground!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Was the guy drunk when he poured that sidewalk?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't count on upgrades for a mistake. We dealt with a few mistakes and none of them netted us any upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the mistake. I don't think they really count mistakes that they fix before settlement as mistakes. What type of mistakes were made on your house?

      Delete
  4. Oh my-that is WAY off! Not even a little! Glad your PM will take care of it, that's a lot of work to tear up and repour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Considering that this is the concrete company's mistake, I would think that they would take care of it at no charge.

      Delete
  5. That would drive me bonkers! Thats not even a little off either. What were they thinking when the poured the concrete?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, it would drive me nuts! It cannot stay that way! I have no idea what they were thinking!

      Delete
  6. How did those guys go home that evening after that poor quality work and honestly not think someone was going to call them out on it??....That aggravates me and its not even my house!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not really sure if they realized that it was off! I'll be fine, as long as they tear it up and fix it!

      Delete
  7. That's kind of comical... it's not even close to being centered! How does that even happen? lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty funny! To top it the foyer light was installed off center today. It was centered with the walkway! LOL
      The electricians were still there when I stopped by. I pointed it out to them and they said they would move it over.

      Delete