Friday, July 27, 2012

Men At Work!

It has been another busy week!  

I want to give a great big thanks to the gutter installers.  They were a really great group of guys.  I asked them if they could fix a downspout that had fallen at my current house.  They said that they would stop by later that night.  I did not expect them to show up.  It was really hot and they were installing gutters on a few more houses that day.  Surprise, surprise... they rang my doorbell that evening.  I said, "I didn't think you would come."   Bo said, "I promised!"

If you need new gutters, leaf guards/gutter guards (see pictures below) or any painting work done, give Bo Yilmaz a call at 609-227-8171.  His company, SM Baltimore, is based out of Maryland, but will travel to D.C., Virginia, New Jersey and Delaware!  As you can see in the pictures, he installs quality gutter guards that are screwed down versus the vinyl leaf guards that are snapped on.  Their prices are reasonable and their service is impeccable.  

I placed a picture below of our new morning room ceiling for "Colette" & "UnsafePrune" (Ryan Homes bloggers).  They asked about the peak in our morning room.  Our current Ryan Home (Courtland) and new Ryan Home (Avalon) morning rooms both have a flat surface at the top where the fan rough-in is installed.  For some reason, in other states, RH has the ceiling of the morning room come to a peak and the fan is installed off-centered to the left.  See Colette's post here: http://movingtothecountryryanhomes.blogspot.com/2012/07/our-bad-news-turned-into-good-news.html

Click on the images to enlarge
and use the arrows on your keyboard to scroll through them.

Heating & Air Conditioning Tech

HVAC tech working on the upstairs' heat pump in the attic

Gutter installation



The driveway is being installed




Dishwasher and cooktop being delivered

They are making the gutters on site


Gutter guards

Gutter guards... a must have with all of the trees that surround us

SM Baltimore, LLC - A great group of guys.  The owner, Bo, (on right)
Wood Floors





They had a couple of saws going on top of all of the banging and nail gun pops!


A lot of dust and noise!


This guy stopped by to tuck away the safety hooks that are on the roof for
later use in 20-30 years (hopefully that long!) when we need a new roof.

The hook man!

The stone for our fireplace has arrived!

This picture is for "*colette*" & "UnsafePrune" (RH bloggers)
that asked about the peak in our morning room. 

My current morning room in my Courtland. 
I wish they still offered these windows in the new morning rooms.
Here are more pictures of our Courtland: https://picasaweb.google.com/113112933421614166500/ForRentBergamontCourtWaldorfMD20603?authuser=0&feat=directlink

These guys were the best!  They came to my current Ryan Home (pictured)
to fix our 2-story downspout that fell a few months ago. 


Pin It now!

18 comments:

  1. Maria-WOW! Your house is looking gorgeous-I love the wood floors and that huge foyer window! I also think if there was an award for most liked home owner from the crews, you would get it!! :) I love seeing your pics-when do you close? Seems like you are right around the corner from closing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wonder what my award would be... a signed brick?! LOL
      We are closing on August 23, 2012.

      Delete
  2. Love the hardwoods) how tall is your morning room ceiling? It looks HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check. I just added a picture of our current morning room and it looks even taller!

      Delete
  3. Love those hardwood floors with your kitchen cabinets. It's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have to start looking for rugs and paint colors to bring it all together.

      Delete
  4. Looks great! Thanks for posting that pic - it's really not that bad looking, and certainly not as bad as I had feared. Just one more thing to ask about when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I just added a picture of our current morning room. It looks better decorated versus the new one that is under construction.

      Delete
  5. O my gosh your house is beautiful!!! (current and future). I hope I can make my Courtland look like yours. I also wish they still did the morning room windows like yours... it looks so nice! Thanks so much for sharing those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND we already have a red couch! I am totally modeling our house after yours... lol.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! You're on your way with the red couch! :-)

      Delete
  6. Your Courtland is beautiful, and I love the landscaping!! Have your rented yet?
    We had leaf guard at our old place and will need it at the new one too!
    Love the wood floors, hey it looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I could take all of the landscaping with me. We have a renter that is suppose to sign drop of the signed lease and security deposit tomorrow. Try to catch the gutter guys and negotiate a deal while they are there.

      Delete
  7. i love the color of ur hard wood floors! very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was afraid that they would be too dark, but I think they will be fine.

      Delete
  8. The windows in the Courtland are amazing!! They look similar to the foyer window in the Avalon! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete