On a good note... our pre-construction meeting is scheduled on Monday, May 14th. We have a few decisions to wrap up before then regarding extra outlets and extra windows.
Here are a few great tips that I read about on other Ryan Homes' blogs:
- Have an outlet installed in the kitchen cabinets for under cabinet lighting
- Add extra recessed lights that line up with the island and replace with pendant lights after settlement or change the placement of the recessed lights that are included
- Add an outlet in the master closet or laundry room for an iron
- Add an outlet halfway up the staircase for a vacuum or night light
- Add an extra hose bib on the side of the house for sprinkler, especially if you have a side load garage... for washing your car.
- Add a kill switch at the top of the basement stairs that turns off all of the basement lights (especially for those with kids)
- Add a light switch for the outdoor garage lights at the front door (3-way switch - 1 at front door and 1 in the garage (both control garage lights))
- Add an extra outlet in the garage for a refrigerator
- Add a floor drain in the garage
- Run a PVC pipe under your sidewalk or driveway for electrical wires for future post lamps or dog fences
- Move the location of the doors to the unfinished areas in the basement
Please post any other tips that you can think of in the comment section below.